Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: NEED HELP WITH Beaulieu 4008 ZM II

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jenniena's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how to use the FADE-IN/OUT and the DISSOLVE features on this camera? I was unable to download the manual online and need help...

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In order to perform the in-camera fades...

    There is a lever on top of the camera, it shifts from back to forward...by doing so while "filming" you will perform a fade out.

    Holding the lever in the forward position and then releasing will perform a fade in.

    You need a rewind knob to perform the disolves.

    I might have an extra manual I can send you, email me.

    Scott

  3. #3
    Inactive Member calgodot's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You will definitely need a rewind knob, unless you want to risk turning it with a small screwdriver. It can be done, but be very careful about it.

    Last I talked ot him, Irv Higdon has a few of the rewind knobs. http://www.ijmincorporated.com/

    I can email you a copy of the manual that I found online. Or you can try downloading it from my site:

    http://www.calgodot.com/s8/Beaulieu_4008_Manual.zip

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner MikeBrantley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, Cal, for making the Beaulieu manual available for everyone to download. That's a fine demonstration of the S8 online community at work.

    I still haven't shot a frame of film on my 4008ZMII since having it repaired last year! Mine is rigged for external battery power, and (a long story) I no longer have any batteries or a charger. Must get one soon to put this camera through its paces. The guy in France who sold me the camera initially needs $140 for a replacement battery and charger, so I need to cough up the cash soon.

    I have acquired a rewind knob, but unfortunately I haven't been able to use it yet.

    Jenniena, what lens did you get with your camera? Mine has the Schneider.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MikeBrantley:
    That's a fine demonstration of the S8 online community at work.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I have one drawing could interest you too.

    I scanned it from 4008 service manual (I have all manuals from double 8 Beaulieu to R16 one):

    http://www.sorb-i-tol.com/Beaulieu_zm_and_s_drawing.GIF

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 29, 2002 08:04 AM: Message edited by: jukkasil ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member awand's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2001
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can download hundreds of manuals from "Shooting 8mm":

    http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/manuals/index.php

    Andreas

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner MikeBrantley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, Andreas, great resource! Thanks for making it happen. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •